Wednesday, December 9, 2015

E-mail Dec. 7, 2015: "...I've run out of titles"

Yup, when I tried to think of a title my brain went blank. I've got nothing.

I just realized that I've been in my new area for more than a month now and I haven't talked about my new companion yet. Oops. Here's a little but about my pogi kasama.

Elder Thacker is from Highland Utah and is a twin. He's an incredibly organized and hard working Elder who takes on all of his responsibilities with all his heart. He's mastered Tagalog and spends most of every day translating for me while we teach. He's a master photographer and has an unhealthy obsession with Oreos. He works hard to be a disciplined leader yet at the same time likes to goof off and have fun. He has laser sharp focus 99% of the time except for that 1% when he gets something random stuck in his head (for example, he ran around for 20 minutes one day in the middle of studies to find a document to see what blood type he is). He's an excellent teacher and truly understands his purpose as a missionary. We've had a great time so far and we've done some great work. Quote of the week: "Elder Cloward, I finally get your humor now."

Great, it only took a month. ;)

In other news this week my favorite investigator, Brother Vic Toralba, came to church again. A few weeks ago he was at the bottom of our teaching pool because he has a hard time listening to the lessons (he interrupts Elder Thacker all the time, it's funny) and he has a word of wisdom problem. To our surprise however when we invited him to church he actually came, on his own too. Bro. Vic is 67 but is alive and energetic as a man half his age. He has a very unique and fearless personality and he likes to crack jokes all the time. Every time we show up to teach he asks us "why didn't you bring any chicks?" or "Sure I'll come to church on Sunday, if I'm still alive by then." Last Sunday he even leaned over to me and quietly started singing "Pretty Woman" as the YSA girls walked into Gospel Essentials class. Basically, he's awesome. I hope I can be like him when I'm an old man one day. ;)

Pictures!

#ForestSelfie

Just another day in paradise.

The one and only Elder Cox from Ogden Utah.

The one and only Elder Thacker (sorry ladies, he has a girlfriend already).

One of our recent convert's front yard.

This was a random sign on someone's door. So either I was named after a Filipino or a Filipino was named after me. #Awesome

The Sacred Grove is totally in our area. 
Anywas until next time everyone, stay strong and rock on. :)
-Elder Cloward


No comments:

Post a Comment