Wednesday, October 1, 2014

E-mail: Sept. 28, 2014 "You still look like a greenie, Elder..."

Wow, we really put the pedal to the metal this week. The biggest thing I'm learning from my companion is how to stay busy, he always knows what we can be doing and he's always being proactive with talking to people and setting appointments so that we'll continue to stay busy.
This was easily the busiest and most fruitful week I've had so far.
Oh, and did I mention we had another baptism yesterday?
The sister we baptized is a perfect example of what it means to truly follow Jesus Christ. As we taught her she not only kept all her commitments each week but went above and beyond by finding ways to get more out of our discussions (such as being prepared with a notebook and pencil to write down everything we taught her) Her example has helped me to realize that true disciples of Christ don't simply do what they're asked and wait for more instruction, they actively find ways on their own to come closer to their Savior.

In other news we had an unexpected transfer this week so a new elder moved into our apartment. He's a 21 year old ball of energy from Washington and he knows how to turn any downtime into fun time. He's good to talk to as well, one of my first conversations with him went as follows:

"So how old are you Elder Cloward?"
"Take your best guess."
"Hmm, I'd say about 18."
"Wow, not bad, how could you tell?"
"You've just got that 18 year old swag, ya know?"

Either this Elder has the gift of discernment or my "swag" vibes are a lot stronger than I thought they were. Yikes.

Anyways until next time, this is Elder Cloward signing off. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment