Sunday, October 4, 2015

E-mail Sept. 14, 2015: "Wow, didn't see that one coming"

Isn't it funny how whenever you get comfortable with how things are going in life God throws a curve ball at you which changes everything and throws you clear out of your comfort zone and into the great abyss of fear and uncertainty?

I thought it was funny too until it actually happened to me.

This week my companion, Elder Operio, got emergency transferred into an area on the other side of the mission. We don't know the exact reason but it sounds like there was a problem between the previous missionaries and some members so Elder Operio gets to help sort things out over there.

What does that mean for Elder Cloward? Elder Cloward gets to lead an area he's only been in for 1 transfer where he still doesn't know the language. In short I was terrified and stressed as anything, but after a lot of prayers and feel good food I've been able to manage.

One thing I've learned about changes and trials is that our Heavenly Father will never leave us alone and he'll give us the tools we need to succeed. My tool for success during this period of growth happens to be my new companion, Elder Flores. Elder Flores is a native Filipino who's been out for 9 months and is about as friendly as they come. He has the ability to connect with people instantly and make them smile, yet at the same time he's incredibly humble and remembers his purpose at all times. We've had a great time so far, and I'm pretty sure I'm learning more from him than he is from me. I'm grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to grow, as uncomfortable as it may be, and I know that He'll help me through it.

Pictures!

The view form our apartment

Gosh I love sunsets

I love how my mission looks exactly like what everyone imagines a foreign mission to look like.

Hey look! I'm home!

What's better than an Indian restaurant in the Philippines?  That's right, nothing!

Love you everyone! Take care. :)
-Elder Clouds




No comments:

Post a Comment