Tuesday, August 18, 2015

E-mail August 17, 2015: "Elder Operio...Why?"

That's it, my companion has gone crazy. All week long my companion has been talking randomly about a violin and I had no idea why.

"Man, I wish I could play the violin."
"I wonder if I could ever play the violin."
"Elder Cloward, let's go look for some violins."

I thought he was just kidding, but I was wrong. Today we walked into a music store and after I took my time looking at instruments and playing their grand piano, I turned around to see Elder Operio holding a brand new violin and receipt that said "SOLD". I tried to talk him out of it, I tried to talk the sales lady out of selling it to him, I told him that he didn't know how to play but his response was, "I don't need to know how to play, I can teach myself."

*Eyeroll*

So here's to my overambitious companion and what I'm sure will be bleeding eardrums as he learns to play it. I'm really not one to talk though, we borrowed our neighbor's guitar and I've been teaching myself every night after planning. I guess we'll just see who can master their instrument first and then decide whether or not it was a bad idea.

Our investigator, Brother Abello (a-bel-ee-o) got baptized on Saturday, and it was actually one of the best baptisms I've been to so far. Bro Abello is an old man the my companion started teaching and he's taken hold of the gospel and run with it. He progressed faster than almost anyone else I've seen and his commitment to the Savior and his teachings shone through as he willingly accepted our challenges and kept his commitments. Even though I couldn't understand most of what was being said during the baptism service, the Spirit was strong and we could tell that he felt it too. It was a good week. :)

Sorry this is so short this week but we've had a crazy hectic day and we have to head home really soon.

Until next time everyone stay strong and Morm-on. ;)
-Elder Cloward

No comments:

Post a Comment