Friday, March 25, 2016

E-mail March 21, 2016: "Elder, you're looking so thin!"

"Elder, have you lost weight?"
"Elder Clouds, you've become so skinny!"
"Hey Elder, don't go outside in the wind, you might blow away. hahahaha."

You won't believe it, but after coming here to Hyderabad I learned that 10+ members of the West Marredpally 2nd ward, my first area, have moved into the boundaries of the A.S. Rao Nagar ward.  I had some fun reunions with old friends this week as we traveled around to the different parts of the area but time after time after time people kept asking me why I was so thin. I guess I hadn't realized it but as I looked through my old photos for an evaluation I realized that it's true. I have lost a few pounds recently due to the changes I've made in my diet. Lately I've been trying very hard to eat better and to take better care of my body. Missionary work in India, and probably in most of the rest of the world, is very physically demanding and now that summer has started I've realized how important it is to stay healthy. I've started eating much more whole fruits and vegetables and I've been taking less meat which has contributed to my weight loss. Dropping a few pounds is normal though as my body starts to function better so I'm not worried about it. I just think it's funny how one day I'm complaining about a rice belly and later people tell me I'm too skinny. You just can't please anyone can you?

The rest of the week here in Hyderabad was good but hard. I've learned there's much truth to the saying "there's no growth in a comfort zone and there's no comfort in a growth zone." Leaving all the people I loved in Coimbatore and trying to adjust to a new area again was definitely uncomfortable but I know that God has a plan for where He wants me to be and what He wants me to do. I'm learning that trials bring greater opportunities for growth than almost anything else and I'm grateful that God is giving me a chance to learn a little more and become a little better.

Regardless of the hardships this week though it was great to be able to meet new people and see how the work is progressing here. On top of that me new companions are great. Elder Sunny is an Elder from New Delhi and lives up to his name in every sense of the word. He's full of energy and enthusiasm and truly is a little ray of sunshine. I've known Elder Bandi since the beginning of our missions. We're one transfer apart and after being in the same district during our training we've been in almost every zone together. He has a great desire to work and is always doing something to make us laugh. I'm excited to be able to work with these Elders. :)

Anyways everyone until next time stay strong and rock on. :)
-Elder Cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment