Monday, September 15, 2014

E-mail Sept. 15, 2014 "Wait, is that a monkey?"

"...And please forgive my companion because I know he's not listening to this prayer. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."
"-Amen. Alright our goals for today were-"
"Elder, what did I just pray about?"
"...Umm..."
This was my companion's way of letting me know that I need to pay more attention to things.
Thanks Elder.

Speaking of my companion I don't believe I've written about him yet. Elder Surya is an excellent example of what it means to be a bold, hardworking servant of the Lord; but he's also a perfect example of an incurable tease and practical joker. He's doing a fantastic job at training me and all the while keeps things fun and energetic, I'm going to be sad when transfers come.

I think this is the week where India is really beginning to feel like home. I'm getting less and less alarmed when I turn around just in time to avoid a cow who's trying to plow through me or when I see a family of monkeys in a tree right outside of our apartment in the middle of the city. I'm beginning to love the people and the different cultures and traditions and it's becoming easier to teach with the Spirit and with confidence. Prayers are being answered daily and I don't know if it's because of the power and authority we hold as missionaries or simply because the gospel has finally become the center of my life. It's amazing the change that takes place when prayer and scripture study become as meaningful as they're meant to be. In fact I'm spending so much time teaching people and learning about the gospel that I'm even dreaming about mission life. Sometimes these dreams are so vivid I think they're real, but then when Batman raises the title of liberty I know it's time to wake up.

And I just want to say thank you so much for each of you who have been writing me even when I don't have a lot of time to write back or don't write back for several weeks. Your emails are worth more than gold and they give me an extra boost each week. Thank you so much. :)

Until next time.
-Elder Cloward

1 comment: