Monday, August 11, 2014

E-mail: Aug. 11, 2014

Wow, I can't believe I'm leaving the MTC tomorrow, These last 8 days have flown by (because the first three days literally lasted three years) and I can't believe my district will be splitting up and we'll have to get new companions. Yikes. Oh, and we found out that my companion will be serving in Boston Massachusetts for three months due to complications with his Visa, and we're all pretty bummed about it. :( Anyways things are still as great as ever, we watched "The Testaments" last night and it was incredible spiritual, but it almost got hard to understand the dialog at the end because of all the sniffling sisters. I'm totally ready to get out to India and actually start teaching people! And as much as I love the classes I'm to the point where it's getting very difficult to pay attention anymore. Please pray that I survive my last two three-hour blocks today, because I'm not sure if I'll make it otherwise.

So you know how I really like the slug bug game? I've been going through withdrawals since I've been here because there obviously aren't any Volkswagens on the campus so I decided with my district that we would start hitting people whenever we saw a redhead instead, which are surprisingly common here.
I think I'm winning.

It took a while for it to catch on but now I've got everyone playing, except I've noticed that they don't go after other, they only go after me, and they've started hitting hard enough to leave bruises.
...I think that means that they like the game.

Oh, and once again the home school stereotype precedes me. We went to a meeting where you had to get up and tell something you learned about your companion and Elder Pereira's words were, and I quote: "My companion Elder Cloward is home schooled, but he doesn't act like it. He's not sheltered and he's actually social."
Thanks Elder, I appreciate the compliment.

And hey, I just want to say thanks so much for all the letters I've been getting from people, they really are worth more than gold here. Once I get to India I'd love to still get letters but if anyone would like to talk to me more than once a month (it takes awhile for letters to get there) you're welcome to email me too. :)

Quotes of the week:

-"So wait Elder Cloward, does that mean that all your school dances were in your living room?"

-"Baptism by fire? that sounds like it would hurt." "That's why we have a baptism with water right after."

-"I bet it was easy to be Prom King since your family were the only other ones there."

Later everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment