Monday, February 9, 2015

E-mail Feb. 9, 2015 "18 months left to go!... Wait,what?!"

Holy cow, I can't believe that 1/4 of my mission is over already. They say that when you're having fun time flies, if that's true then when you're doing missionary work time flies like- ...um, something faster than normal flying stuff. It seems like just yesterday I was walking into the MTC as a timid, clueless 18 year old. Now I'm nestled comfortably in one of the most unique, different, and cultural places in the world while I serve the Lord as a slightly less timid, less clueless 19 year old. Pretty soon I'll be headed off to the Philippines to get my Visa renewed (which I'm not very thrilled about since I'll have to learn Tagalog for three months) and I'm sure it won't feel like very long before I'm on my way home. Now that I know how fast the time goes I want to commit myself to not let a moment pass by. It hit me hard when I realized that this is the only time in my life that I've been commanded to serve the Lord full time with everything I have, and I want to make sure that I can look back and be satisfied with the work that I've helped to move along.

This week was pretty normal, which, if I think about it, is actually pretty unusual. I've come to be less surprised when I'm stopped by a drunk man on the road who wants to talk to us for an hour about whatever's on his intoxicated mind, or when I almost run over a dog or get run over myself by something with 6 wheels and a horn, or when I lie awake all night listening to a drums and trumpets right outside my door from some kind of Hindu ritual, or any such experiences that would've scared me half to death 6 months ago. It's fun to think that crazy and exciting has become my normal, and what used to be a normal week for me rarely happens anymore. In other words, I love it here in India, and I'm so grateful that I get to serve these people here. :)

And more pictures, still from Hyderabad though. I'll get some of Bangalore soon.

Until next time everyone. :)
-Elder Cloward

A quick note from Jen (mom):
He just told us that the Convent Road branch, where he is serving, is the hearing impaired branch and he is learning sign language!


The thugs at Thugs Of Grill.

Outside our door on Diwali. This was our neighbor's doing, and hopefully if someone teaches me ours will look like this next year too.

Our holiday feast (with french toast courtesy of Elder Clouds)

*sniff* They were almost too beautiful to eat.

Monkeys right outside our first apartment in Hyderabad. They would come out of that old warehouse to watch the sunrise every morning.

From left to right- Elder Surya, Elder Larson, Elder Bandi, Elder Aldridge, Elder Pilli, and Yours Truly.

Sharah, Madhu's mother, at her baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment