Monday, January 12, 2015

E-mail Jan. 12, 2015: "Elder, you're just a walking bunch of weirdness right now."

Those were the words my companion said to me one afternoon while we were visiting one of the members from our ward. It was 9 year old boy who we were teaching about the scriptures, and we were using the illustrated Book of Mormon Stories to help him understand. This book is full of colorful artwork that helps to bring the stories to life, but as I was looking I noticed that the painter had taken inspiration from Arnold Freibordg's artwork. Naturally I became very excited and started flipping through the book anxious to find more similarities, but unfortunately my companion had no interest in art or small discoveries and he thought his companion had lost his mind.

Don't worry Elder, your companion still has at least most of his marbles left.

There are many small and simple things I've taken joy in since I've been here, things like *occasionally* burning incense in the apartment, or jumping onto moving buses, or playing Ludo (Parcheesi) in my free time. My biggest fear about coming on a mission was the possibility of being stuck with a crazy companion, but my fears ceased the moment I realized that I am that companion. But however crazy I may be, I try to never let my desire to have fun overpower my desire to do work.

It's so cool to see how the Lord works with people. There is one woman whom we've tried to prepare for baptism almost since I got here and she's finally being baptized this week. There are so many times when at the end of the day we're disappointed because people aren't changing or they broke their commitments or a lesson didn't go very well or anything like that, but now that I can look back on everything that as happened I can see how the Lord was preparing those individuals and I can testify that He truly does have a plan for all His children. If we trust in the Lord and put our faith in Him He will always guide us where we need to go, even when we can't see it at the time.

And more pictures. :)

Until next time everyone. :)
-Elder Cloward

Brother Madhu and his family: Wife, daughter, and sister.

Sambasiva and his son Dhruvith at his baptism

Just another day in Indian paradise

Happy birthday to yo- FIRE!





No comments:

Post a Comment